Under the direction of the 411 Seniors Centre Society, the 411 Seniors Centre is a multicultural, proactive resource centre in downtown Vancouver where the community of members, volunteers, and staff address seniors’ issues and concerns and the social, recreational, nutritional, information and counselling needs of members and clients.
Board of Directors
Annual General Meeting 2020
The BC Societies Act requires that 411 Seniors Centre Society hold our 2019-2020 Annual General Meeting before the end of the calendar year. We had hoped that the conditions would allow us to hold a blended in-person and online event, however, as cases of COVID-19 continue to rise in the community, we have no option other than a ZOOM teleconference AGM.
This method does allow for phone-in participation and does not require a computer.
1. Register before November 20th by leaving a voicemail message with your name and number for Mariko at 604-684-8171
2. To join the AGM meeting on November 20th and 1pm, dial any one of these numbers:
You will be asked for the following info:
Meeting ID: 849-1070-6774 (then hit #)
Participant ID: (just hit #)
3. Alternatively, you may register online at the following link:
4. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with information about joining the meeting.
For more information, contact Mariko Takashina (Membership & Drop-In Coordinator) at 604-684-8171 extension 237, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
OPENING REMARKS AND APPROVALS
(Mario Pollack, President)
- Welcome, Introductions and AGM Procedures
- Approval of October 29, 2020 Annual General Meeting Agenda
- Approval of minutes of the 2019-2020 (June 20, 2019) AGM meeting.
- President’s Report & Questions (Marion Pollack).
- Auditor’s Report & Questions (Gary Wozny, Auditor)
- Approval of 2019-2020 Financial Statements and Auditor’s Report
- Appointment of Auditor for 2020-2021, Motion to appoint Tompkins, Wozny, Miller and Co.
- Executive Director’s Report & Questions (Leslie Remund)
- Nominating Committee Report / Election of Directors (Patsy Craig)
- Foundation’s Financial Status (Gwen Willox)
- 3510 Fraser Street, 411’s New Centre Development (Stuart Alcock)